Setting up the Charging Schedule
On the R-Link screen in your car, there is a ‘charge scheduler’ that allows you to set a charging start time according to a time or a weekly schedule. Incredible as it sounds, this functionality will not work unless you have created an account on My ZE Online, and the Renault servers have successfully communicated with your car.
Therefore, the process is as follows:
- Activate the services via R-Link
- Receive the Activation Code from your dealer
- Create an Online Account at My ZE Online
- Download the ‘Z.E. Services’ app onto your smart phone
- Configure the charging schedule
Note: These instructions apply to a UK imported Zoe. This may be different for a NZ-new Zoe from Renault NZ.
1. Activating the Services via R-Link
You will need to be subscribed to ‘My Z.E. Interactive’ and you will also need an Activation code from your dealer. My understanding that before an Activation code to be issued, it is necessary to tap on the ‘Activate My Services’ button at the bottom of the R-Link ‘My services’ screen, accessed via Menu>Services. If the button is not present, it is likely that the services have already been activated.
2. Receive the Activation Code from your Dealer
Ask your dealer for the Activation Code which you will need for creating an online account at My ZE Online.
3. Creating an on Online Account at My ZE Online
There are two things you need in order to set up the My ZE Online account:
- The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- The Activation Code
Once you have these to hand:
- Go to ‘My ZE Online’ at https://www.services.renault-ze.com
- Click on the ‘Register’ link
- Fill in the details
- Regarding Time Zone, NZ wasn’t an option. The closest I could find was “Pacific/Wallis UTC+12:00”
If you are having problem communicating with your car:
- Click on the VIN at the top of the screen to bring up the ‘My Vehicle Settings’ screen, and ensure ‘Driving mode’ is turned on.
- On the same screen, click on the ‘My notifications’ tab, and select an email notification for ‘End of charge notification’, for example. If there is some delay in the system, by having a notification selected, you will receive an email as an alert that the services have started.
4. Downloading the ‘Z.E. Services’ App onto your Smart Phone
The My ZE Online account that you’ve just created can also be accessed via a smartphone app. The app is called ‘Z.E. Services’, and you can get the app from the App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android):
5. Configuring the Charging Schedule
The charging schedule can now be configured in one of three ways:
- Via the car’s R-Link
- Via the ‘Z.E. Services’ app on your smart phone
- Via the ‘My ZE Online’ account accessed through a web browser at https://www.services.renault-ze.com
Configuring the charging schedule via the car’s R-Link
Whichever method you choose, keep in mind that if you have not been able to configure My ZE Online for a New Zealand time zone, it will be necessary to adjust the start and finish times. Further adjustments will be necessary to account for daylight savings changes in both New Zealand and in the region whose time zone you have chosen.